CFS- 2 Optic Stripper
- CFS-2 for stripping 250um buffer coating to expose 125umn cladded fiber
- Second hole for stripping 2-3mm fiber jackets
- Pre-set at the factory—no adjustments needed
- Will not scratch or nick glass fiber
- All stripping surfaces are manufactured to precise tolerances to assure clean, smooth strips
- Comfort-grip, ergonomic handles
- Lock to hold tool closed when it is not in use
- Made in China
- Length: 6.5 in (165 mm)
- Weight: 4.2 oz (119 g)
Contact Customer Service for any applications If this tools is not meet your requirement.
1. The larger stripping notch at the tip of the tool with a 1.0 mm diameter can be used to strip many fiber jackets. Close the tool around the jacket, hold firmly and strip off jacket material.
2. If there is a Kevlar® central strength member, this must be trimmed with a Kevlar cutter like the Miller 86 1/2SF Kevlar Shears or Miller FOKC.
3. The smaller stripping notch close to the pivot point is designed to remove 250µm buffer from 125µm fiber.
a) Insert the fiber into the smaller notch of tool
b) Close the tool squarely with the fiber, hold firmly c) Draw the tool towards the end of the fiber exerting steady pressure. We recommend several short strips to be made to acquire the desired finished length.
4. Always make sure the fiber stripping notch is clean and clear of any debris. If not clean, the tool will break fiber rather than strip it.