MPO is the industry acronym for “multi-fiber push on”. The MPO-style connectors are most commonly defined by two different documents from IEC and EIA, respectively are IEC-61754-7 is the commonly sited standard for MPO connectors internationally and EIA/TIA-604-5, also known as FOCIS 5.
The Compact design of MPO Connector are available to 4, 8, 12, 24 ribbon fiber cable. The pre-terminated MPO Connector save time and reduce the risk of damage fragile optical connectors, the plug and play system is the perfect solution for today’s optical fiber installations, especially for data center system.
- Terminates ribbon fiber or loose individual fibers
- Designed for low loss and standard loss SM and MM applications
- Ruggedized round cable, oval cable and bare ribbon options available
- Color coded housings available to differentiate fiber type, polish type and/or connector grade
- Housing is removable for quick change of pin clamps and easy ferrule cleaning / re-polishing
- Alignment achieved with high precision guide pins
- Front panel and backplane multi-fiber point to point links
- High performance computing
- Switching/routing fabrics
- Switch to server interconnects
- Parallel Optics
– 40G and 100G IEEE 802.3
– Optical Internetworking Forum (OIF) Compliant